- 2 teaspoons [4.5 g] unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] cold water
- 1 cup [200 g] sugar
- 1 cup [250 mL] water
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] orange juice
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; set aside.
- Mix together sugar and water into a casserole; cover and bring to a boil.
- Leave to boil, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Then mix swollen gelatin into boiling mixture, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Leave mixture to cool completely.
- Then mix in grated orange rind, lemon rind, orange juice and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate mixture until really cold.
- Then beat egg whites until stiff yet still wet.
- Beat cold mixture, then fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.