- 2 teaspoons [4.5 g] unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] cold water
- 1 cup [200 g] sugar
- 2 cups [500 mL] water
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] grated lemon rind
- 1 cup [250 mL] lemon juice
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] milk
- 2 egg whites
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; set aside.
- Mix together sugar and water into a casserole; cover and bring to a boil.
- >Leave to simmer, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Then mix swollen gelatin into boiling mixture, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Leave to cool completely, then refrigerate mixture until really cold.
- Then mix in grated lemon rind and lemon juice before mixing in milk.
- Beat egg whites until stiff yet still wet.
- Beat cold mixture, then fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.