- 2 teaspoons [4.5 g] unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] cold water
- 4 cups [1 L] fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup [150 g] sugar
- 1 3/4 cups [440 mL] water
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; set aside.
- Clean, rinse then delicately pat dry raspberries using paper toweling.
- Press raspberries through a fine sieve or a potato ricer, into a bowl.
- Into a medium casserole, bring together raspberry puree, sugar, water and lemon juice to a boil.
- Cover and leave to simmer, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Then mix swollen gelatin into boiling mixture, until completely dissolved.
- Leave to cool completely, then refrigerate mixture until really cold.
- Beat egg whites until stiff yet still wet.
- Well beat cold mixture, then fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.