- 1 1/2 teaspoons [3.75 g] unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] cold water
- 3/4 cup [150 g] sugar
- 1 cup [250 mL] water
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] Ginger Ale
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 2 egg whites
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; set aside.
- Into a medium casserole, bring together sugar and water to a boil
- Cover and leave to simmer, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Then mix swollen gelatin, freshly squeezed lime juice, Ginger Ale and green food coloring into boiling mixture, stirring to completely dissolve gelatin.
- Leave to cool completely, then refrigerate mixture until really cold.
- Beat egg whites until stiff yet still wet.
- Beat cold mixture, then fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.