- 4 cups [1 L] fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] water
- 1 3/4 cups [350 g] sugar
- 1 3/4 cups [440 mL] pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons [45 mL] freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons [4.5 g] unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] cold water
- 2 egg whites
- Clean, rinse then drain cranberries.
- Into a medium casserole, bring together cranberries and water to a boil; boil until softened.
- Press cranberries through a fine sieve or a potato ricer, into a bowl [a blender can also be used].
- Pour cranberry puree back into casserole; mix in sugar, pineapple juice and fresh lemon juice.
- Cover casserole, bring mixture to a boil then leave mixture to simmer, without stirring, for 5 minutes; set aside.
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water.
- Leave gelatin to swell before mixing it into boiling mixture, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Leave to cool completely, then refrigerate mixture until really cold.
- Beat egg whites until stiff yet still wet.
- Beat cold mixture, then fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.