- 1 tablespoon [7 g] unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] cold water
- 4 cups [1 L] seeded watermelon dices
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons [45 mL] lemon juice
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; set aside.
- Puree watermelon dices pressing dices through a fine sieve, or into a blender.
- Into a medium casserole, bring together watermelon puree, light corn syrup and lemon juice to a boil.
- Away from heat, mix swollen gelatin into boiling mixture until completely dissolved.
- Leave mixture to cool completely; then refrigerate mixture, until really cold.
- Beat cold mixture until really light.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.