- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] grated lemon rind
- 2 cups [400 g] sugar
- 3 1/2 cups [875 mL] water
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] freshly chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup [250 mL] freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup [250 mL] freshly squeezed orange juice
- Into a medium covered casserole, bring together grated lemon rind, sugar and water to a boil.
- Leave to simmer, without stirring, for 5 mintues.
- Remove from heat and mix in freshly chopped mint leaves; set aside for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Press mixture through a fine sieve to remove all chopped mint leaves.
- Mix freshly squeezed lemon and orange juices into mint-flavored mixture.
- Leave to cool completely, then freeze mixture until really cold.