- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] Graham cookie, vanilla wafer or ginger wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup [115 g] butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup [75 g] sugar
- 3 cups [750 mL] chocolate ice cream
- 3 cups [750 mL] butter pecan ice cream
- Chopped nuts, to taste [optional]
- 1 cup [250 mL] brown sugar
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] half-and-half or cream
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup [60 g] butter
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] salt
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] Rum extract
- Prepare crust; refrigerate pie crust and for quite a few hours.
- Prepare butterscotch sauce; cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- At least 1 hour before serving, transfer chocolate ice cream and butter pecan ice cream into refrigerator to soften.
- Just before serving, arrange some scoops chocolate ice cream and butter pecan ice cream into really cold pie crust.
- Pour cold butterscotch sauce all over ice cream scoops.
- Repeat layers using all of ice creams and butterscotch sauce.
- If desired, sprinkle all over with chopped nuts.
- Freeze pie until butterscotch sauce is firm, before serving.
- Really well mix together all crust ingredients [Graham cookie, vanilla wafer or ginger wafer crumbs, melted butter or margarine and sugar.
- Evenly press mixture over bottom and sides of a 9-inch [23-cm] pie plate.
- Into a casserole, bring together brown sugar, half-and-half or cream, light corn syrup, butter and salt to a boil.
- Leave to simmer for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Remove from heat and pour sauce into a bowl.
- Well mix in vanilla and Rum extracts.