- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] cornstarch
- 2/3 cup [130 g] sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] salt
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup [250 mL] really strong coffee
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] whipping cream
- Mix together cornstarch, sugar and salt into the upper part of a double boiler.
- Stir in milk, then beaten egg yolks and coffee.
- Stirring, cook mixture over hot boiling water until mixture coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Pour mixture into a bowl; leave to cool completely, then refrigerate mixture until really cold.
- Whip whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into really cold mixture.
- Evenly spoon mixture into frosted parfait dishes or mold.
- Freeze mixture, without stirring, until really firm.