- 2/3 cup [160 mL] maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] salt
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups [500 mL] whipping cream
- Into the upper part of a double-boiler, heat together maple syrup, salt and slightly beaten eggs over hot boiling water until thickened, and mixture coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat; leave mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Then whip cream until stiff peaks form; fold whipped cream into cooled mixture.
- Evenly spoon mixture into frosted parfait dishes or mold.
- Freeze mixture, without stirring, until really firm.