- 2 teaspoons [4.5 g] unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] cold water
- 3 [1-ounce / 28-g] each squares bitter chocolate
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] icing sugar
- 1 cup [250 mL] milk, brought to a boil
- 3/4 cup [150 g] sugar
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] vanilla extract
- 2 cups [500 mL] whipping cream
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; set aside.
- Melt bitter chocolate squares into the upper part of a double-boiler over boiling water.
- Slowly stir icing sugar and really hot milk into melted chocolate.
- Bring mixture to just a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir into swollen gelatin.
- Then mix in sugar and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and leave mixture to cool completely.
- Refrigerate mixture until really cold.
- Using an electric beater, beat mixture until light.
- Then whip cream until stiff peaks form; fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
- Evenly spoon mixture into a mold, or ice cube trays after having removed separations.
- Freeze mixture, without stirring, until really firm.