- 1 1/2 teaspoons [3.75 g] unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup [250 mL] cold water
- 1 1/2 cups [300 g] sugar
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] cocoa powder
- 1 cup [250 mL] milk
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] vanilla
- 2 cups [500 mL] whipping cream
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; set aside.
- Into a casserole, mix together sugar and cocoa powder.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil then remove mixture from heat.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and mix in swollen gelatin, until completely dissolved.
- Leave mixture to cool to room temperature, then mix in vanilla.
- Refrigerate mixture until really cold.
- Then whip cream until soft peaks form; fold whipped cream into really cold chocolate mixture.
- Evenly spoon mixture into a mold, or ice cube trays after having removed separations.
- Freeze mixture, without stirring, until really firm.