- 1 [3 1/2-ounce / 100-g] pack chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup [115 g] butter, melted
- 8 cups [2 L] vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 [8-ounce / 250-mL] jar butterscotch sundae sauce
- 2 cups [500 mL] chopped peanuts
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Crush chocolate wafers into a large bowl; well mix in melted butter.
- Reserving 1 cup [250 mL] mixture, press remaining mixture into a crust over the bottom of a rectangular 13 x 9 x 2-inch [33 x 23 x 5-cm] glass baking dish.
- Evenly spoon softened vanilla ice cream all over crust.
- Evenly spread butterscotch sundae sauce all ove ice cream.
- Sprinkle all over with chopped peanuts.
- Freeze until firm, overnight if possible.
- Slice and serve, each slice sprinkled with reserved chocolate wafer mixture, then garnished with whipped cream.