Strawberry Ice Cream
- 3 cups [750 mL] fresh strawberries, crushed [or 2 packs 10 1/2-ounce / 300-g each, frozen]
- 2 [8 1/2-ounce / 250-g each] packs cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] sour cream
- 3/4 cup [150 g] sugar
- 2 cups [500 mL] frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 [10 1/2-ounce / 300-g] pack frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup [75 g] sugar
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] water
- Prepare blueberry sauce.
- If frozen, thaw and then drain strawberries before making strawberry ice cream.
- Double line a 9 x 5-inch [2-L] bread loaf pan with wax paper.
- Into the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, sour cream and sugar, until well blended.
- Delicately fold in fresh or frozen drained strawberries, then whipped topping.
- Evenly spread into prepared pan.
- Cover and freeze ice cream overnight.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, before serving.
- To serve, pour cold blueberry sauce onto individual dessert plates.
- Top with a slice of ice cream.
- Bring together blueberries, sugar and water to a boil.
- Leave to simmer over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Puree mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, cold.