- 8 [1-ounce / 28-g each] squares semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] instant Viennese chocolate cafe flavour powder
- 1 [7-ounce / 200-g] pack chocolate wafers
- Microwave together 7 chocolate squares and 1 cup [250 mL] cream on 'HIGH', for 2 to 3 minutes; stir to melt chocolate.
- Stir in instant coffee powder, until smooth.
- Leave to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Whip remaining cream; gently fold into chocolate/coffee mixture.
- Spread 1/4th mousse mixture over the bottom of a 9-inch [23-cm] springform pan.
- Layer 15 chocolate wafers over mousse.
- Repeat layers twice, ending with mousse layer.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Melt remaining chocolate square; drizzle over mousse.