- 2/3 cup [160 mL] maple syrup
- 2 egg yolks*, well beaten
- 1 1/4 cups [310 mL] whipping cream
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup [60 to 80 mL] chopped nuts
- Into a large casserole, bring maple syrup to a hard boil.
- Leave to boil for 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour hot syrup into beaten egg yolks beating until light, for approximately 5 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Into a clean bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream and chopped nuts into egg yolks mixture.
- Pour mixture into an ice cube metal tray [separations removed].
- Freeze, without stirring until firm, for 3 to 4 hours.