- 1 cup [250 mL] maple syrup
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups [310 mL] whipping cream
- Into a large casserole, bring maple syrup to a hard boil.
- Leave to boil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, well beat together egg yolks and milk.
- Remove casserole from heat.
- Beating, slowly pour mixture into hot maple syrup, until really well combined.
- Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Then, beat egg whites until stiff, yet not dry.
- Fold beaten egg whites into cooled maple syrup mixture.
- Into a clean bowl, whip whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Well fold whipped cream into mixture.
- Pour mixture into an ice cube metal tray [separations removed].
- Freeze until half-frozen.
- Using a fork, whip half-frozen mixture.
- Freeze mixture for 30 minutes.
- Using a fork, whip mixture once more.
- Freeze mixture until firm, for 3 to 4 hours, before serving.