- 4 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1/4 cup [60 g] sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons [37.5 mL] liquid honey
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] whole peeled almonds, roasted until golden
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] finely chopped candied chestnuts
- 1 cup [250 mL] finely chopped mixed candied fruit pieces
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] golden raisins, soaked into 1 tablespoon [15 mL] Rum
- 1 1/4 cups [310 mL] whipping cream [35%]
- Mixed candied fruit pieces, to decorate
- Whip together egg yolks ans sugar until pale.
- Transfer the bowl over boiling water and whip mixture for approximately 10 minutes, until a trace stays in the mixture when the whip is lifted.
- Remove from heat; cool mixture, whipping.
- Pour honey into a small casserole; leave to simmer over really low heat for 3 minutes.
- Into a clean bowl using a clean whip, whip egg whites until stiff yet not dry.
- Slowly fold beaten egg whites into hot honey to get a thick meringue.
- Leave meringue to cool.
- Finely chop golden almonds.
- Whip cream into a clean bowl.
- Fold cooled egg yolks mixtre into egg whites mixture before folding in finely chopped golden almonds, candiend chestnuts, mixed candied fruit pieces, soaked golden raisins and whipped cream.
- Line a bread pan with plastic wrap before pouring in nougat mixture.
- Cover and freeze nougat until hardened.
- To serve, unmold nougat onto a serving plate and remove plastic wrap.
- Decorate nougat all over with mixed candied fruit pieces.
- Slice, and serve.