- 23 ounces [652.5 g] fresh strawberries
- 2 ounces [60 g] sugar
- 4 tablespoons [60 mL] Kirsch
- 5 sheets white gelatine
- 2 cups [500 mL] heavy whipping cream
- 1 [1/4-ounce / 8-g] pack vanilla sugar
- Thoroughly rinse and drain strawberries; remove stems and set aside 5 1/4 ounces [150 g] whole strawberries.
- Into a large bowl, cut each remaining strawberry into 4 wedges; sprinkle with Kirsch.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Soak gelatine into cold water, then press sheets; dissolve into a small bowl into 2 tablespoons [30 mL] hot water stirring over boiling water.
- Whip together 3/4 cup [190 mL] of heavy cream, sugar and dissolved gelatine.
- Delicately fold in strawberry wedges; pour into an aluminum pan.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours, until set.
- Just before serving, unmold bombe onto a plate.
- Whip remaining heavy cream along with vanilla sugar.
- Transfer sweetened whipped cream into a pastry bag.
- Decorate bombe with sweetened vanilla whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.