- 1 unbaked [9-inch / 23-cm] pie shell
Peanut Butter Vanilla Ice Cream Fillling
- 5 ounces [150 mL] evaporated milk
- 1 cup [250 mL] semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] butter or margarine
- 4 cups [1 L] vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup [250 mL] peanut butter, creamy or crunch
- Whipped cream, to taste [optional]
- Chopped peanuts, to taste [optional]
- Strawberries, to taste [optional]
- Preheat oven to 450°F [230°C].
- Bake pie shell until just browned.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Prepare chocolate filling; leave to cool.
- Spread bottom and sides of pie shell with a thin coat of chocolate filling; reserve remaining chocolate filling for top of pie.
- Freeze until hard.
- Meanwhile, beat together ice cream and peanut butter of peanut butter vanilla ice cream filling at high speed of an electric mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Evenly spread filling in coated pie shell.
- Evenly spread reserved remaining chocolate filling all over peanut butter vanilla ice cream filling.
- Freeze until firm, for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- To serve, decorate with whipped cream and/or chopped peanuts and/or strawberries.
- Chocolate Filling
- Into a small saucepan, mix together evaporated milk, chocolate chips, icing sugar and butter or margarine.
- Bring to boil; simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring, until smooth and thick.
- Remove from heat.