Shortbread Cookie Crumb Crust
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] fine shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup [100 g] sugar
- 1/3 cup [75 g] melted butter
- 4 cups [1 L] strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 [8-ounce / 250-mL] jar strawberry ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] whipping cream
- Freshly hulled strawberry halves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F [180°C].
- For the crust, mix together cookie crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Press mixture into an 8 or a 9-inch [20 or 23-cm] pie plate.
- Bake into preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes; leave to cool completely.
- Spoon half of ice cream into cooled pie crust.
- Top with strawberry ice cream topping, then with remaining ice cream.
- Freeze pie for at least 3 hours.
- Refrigerate pie for 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Drop mounds of whipped cream all over top of pie.
- Serve, garnished with fresh hulled strawberry halves.