- 1/4 bulb fennel
- 1/3 cup + 1 teaspoon [85 g] sugar
- 2 1/2 ounces [75 mL] aniseed liquor
- Dice fennel bulb.
- Blanch fennel dices for a few seconds into 14 ounces [440 mL] hot boiling water; cool immediately.
- Boil together 1 1/2 ounces [45 mL] water and 1/4 cup [60 g] sugar to get a syrup.
- Add fennel dices.
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes; set aside.
- Into a casserole, bring together 2 cups [500 mL] water, 5 teaspoons [25 g] sugar and aniseed liquor to a boil.
- Leave to cool; mix in candied fennel dices.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.