- 4 cantaloupes
- 4 1/2 ounces [75 g] sugar
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] water
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Cut off 1/3 of each cantaloupe.
- Remove seeds* and fibers.
- Remove and strain pulp.
- Reserve cantaloupe shells and strained pulp separately, refrigerated.
- Boil together sugar and water for 3 minutes, to get a syrup; stir in lemon juice.
- Leave to cool before mixing in 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] of reserved strained pulp.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.
- Using a special spoon, shape a little of watermelon meat into tiny balls.
- Fill each cantaloupe shell with scoops of cantaloupe sherbet and serve, decorated with watermelon balls.