- 1/2 pound [227 g] soft margarine
- 2 cups [280 g] flour
- 1 cup [250 mL] chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] brown sugar
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 [11 1/2-ounce / 326-mL] jar chocolate or caramel ice cream topping
- 15 cups [3.75 L] softened vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F [180°C].
- Mix together soft margarine, flour, chopped nuts, brown sugar and quick-cooking rolled oats.
- Evenly spread mixture onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake into preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool, then crumble mixture.
- Sprinkle half of crumbs over the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch [23 x 33-cm] glass baking dish.
- Slowly pour half of chocolate or caramel ice cream topping all over the crumbs.
- Top with softened vanilla ice cream.
- Sprinkle ice cream with remaining crumbs.
- Drizzle with remaining chocolate or caramel ice cream topping.
- Freeze until hard.
- Leave to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.