- 1/2 pound [227 g] soft margarine
- 2 cups [280 g] flour
- 1 cup [250 mL] chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] brown sugar
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] quick-cooking rolled oats
- 7 ounces [218.75 mL] chocolate or caramel ice cream topping
- 8 cups [2 L] softened vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F [180°C].
- Mix together soft margarine, flour, chopped nuts, brown sugar and rolled oats.
- Evenly spread mixture onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake into preheated oven for 15 minutes; leave to cool completely, then crumble mixture.
- Evenly spread half of crumb mixture over the bottom or a 9 x 13-inch [23 x 33-cm] baking dish.
- Evenly pour half of chocolate or caramel ice cream topping over crumb mixture.
- Evenly spoon softened vanilla ice cream over topping.
- Sprinkle ice cream all over with remaining crumb mixture.
- Evenly pour remaining chocolate or caramel ice cream topping all over crumb mixture.
- Freeze until hard.
- Leave to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.