Raspberry Grand Marnier Mousse
Beatrice, Summerside, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Remove mousse from the freezer approximately 5 minutes before serving, as you would ice cream, into stemmed glasses along with fancy cookies and/or fresh raspberries.|
This mousse can also be prepared using strawberries, but it will be less tasty.
- 2 cups [500 mL] whipping cream [35%]
- 10 1/2 ounces [300 g] fresh or individually frozen raspberries
- A little or more sugar, to taste
- A little or more Grand Marnier, to taste
- Into a bowl, whip cream until firm peaks form.
- Crush to puree raspberries; press through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- To taste, mix in a little or more sugar, then some Grand Marnier.
- Fold in whipped cream to get a pink light mousse.
- Evenly pour mousse into a mold or stemmed glasses.
- Freeze until ready to serve.