- 1 [17-ounce / 482-mL] can stoned black cherries preserved in syrup
- 1 tablespoon  cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] sugar
- 2 [16-ounce / 500-mL] containers vanilla ice cream
- 6 tablespoons [90 mL] Brandy or Cherry liquor [optional]
- Drain black cherries reserving cherries and syrup separately.
- Pour 1 cup [250 mL] of cherry syrup into a medium casserole; stir in cornstarch.
- Mix in sugar then bring to a boil, stirring, over medium heat.
- Lower heat, add drained black cherries and leave to simmer slowly for 2 minutes.
- Arrange approximately 3 scoops vanilla ice cream into each of 6 individual dishes.
- Evenly coat with cherry sauce.
- If desired, top each serving with 1 tablespoon [15 mL] liquor.
- Serve immediately.