- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] milk
- 1 cup [200 g] sugar
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] cocoa powder
- 2 cups [500 mL] cream
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] vanilla
- Beat together egg yolks and milk.
- Pour into a casserole; blend in sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat; sift in cocoa powder.
- Cook, stirring, until well blended.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Stir in cream and vanilla until well mixed.
- Pour mixture into a container.
- Freeze overnight.