- 4 cups [1 L] freshly hulled strawberries
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup [60 to 100 g] sugar, to taste
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] water
- 1 egg white, beaten [optional]
- Combine strawberries, 1/4 cup [60 g] sugar and water into the bowl of a food processor.
- Taste; add more sugar if desired.
- Pour into a chilled shallow metal container.
- Transfer into coolest part of freezer.
- Freeze until solid, for approximately 2 hours.
- Puree to mush, transfer back into container and freeze once more.
- Repeat 3 more times, folding in beaten egg white on the last time, if desired.
- Transfer into a covered container.
- Freeze until quite firm.
- Allow to soften for several minutes before serving.