- 6 semi-sweet chocolate squares, melted
- 2 [16-ounce / 500-mL each] containers vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate sauce, to taste
- Chopped nuts, to taste
- Maraschino cherries, to taste
- Line 6 cupcake cups with two  thicknesses paper or al foil liners.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the outside and the bottom of each with melted chocolate following the shape of each cup.
- Transfer coated paper cups into muffin tins.
- Refrigerate until firm, for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove paper or al foil liners.
- Fill each chocolate bowl with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Top each scoop with chocolate sauce.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and maraschino cherries.
- Serve immediately.