- 1 [13 1/4-ounce / 375-g] pack mixed dried fruit pieces such as apple, apricot, peach....
- 2 cups [500 mL] cranberry-apple juice, more if needed
- 1/2 cup [100 g] sugar
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] long pieces fresh ginger, each cut into 3 parts [optional]
- 1/2 orange, grated rind only [optional]
- Mix together mixed dried fruit pieces, cranberry-apple juice, sugar, cloves and, if desired, ginger pieces and/or grated orange rind.
- Leave to simmer uncovered until reduced to 1 cup [250 mL].
- If too thick, stir in a little more cranberry-apple juice.
- Remove cloves and ginger pieces.
- Serve hot, or at room temperature.